WHERE TO EAT IN SIARGAO

shaka cafe siargao cloud 9 klook

Often times, we travel with friends and family and couldn’t decide what to do. Should we go surfing during sunset? How ’bout we stay in, order cocktails and just chill? In the end, the decision is up to you. Who can relate? Having been to this situation so many times, I finally came up with a solution. LET’S TRY THAT RESTAURANT ACROSS THE ROAD, ORDER SOME FOOD, THEN DECIDE WHAT TO DO. Works all the time!

Here are some of the best eats in Siargao you can check if you’re planning to visit this beautiful island anytime soon!

1. Ocean 101 Sunset Bar

breakfast with view in siargao

On our last day in Siargao, Bry and I decided to have breakfast somewhere else. I found Ocean 101 Sunset Bar..well..on instagram. The restaurant is part of Ocean 101 Beach Resort. So if you’d like to have breakfast with an ocean view everyday, it’s also worth checking their resort. I ordered an omelette which comes with two slices of toast and freshly sliced bananas. Bry ordered a high protein breakfast which consist of bacon, eggs and rice. To be honest, the best part was the view and location. Our hot chocolate perfectly complements the morning breeze.

Price range: Php150-Php250 per person

2. Lunch at island hopping

island lunch in siargao

Island lunch has always been something I look forward to whenever we go on a beach vacation. On our second day in the island, we opted to do a private ‘Tri-island tour’ where we visited three beautiful islands. We bought our fresh catch and fruits at Siargao’s wet market which was conveniently located just right before the dock. We stopped at Daku island – the biggest among the three. The locals were very welcoming and offered to cook our lunch for a minimal fee. We had squids filled with tomatoes and onion, grilled to perfection! Buttered garlic shrimps which is a personal favorite of mine, grilled fish, grilled pineapples and fresh slices of watermelon. Pair that with a good music and a relaxing beach view. Para para paradise!

Price range: Php500-700 per person for private island tour including lunch (price based on group of 7 pax)

3. Shaka Cafe

shaka cafe siargao cloud 9 klook

Siargao is a place where you can truly experience island living. Most restaurants have vegetarian/vegan options. Perfect for people who are on a plant based diet or even if you’re just in the mood for a healthy and wholesome meal. Shaka cafe always come up as a top recommendation of Must-try eats by people who have been to Siargao and it’s not hard to see why. They serve simple, delicious healthy smoothie bowls for breakfast. Actually, you can have them anytime of the day! Surfers usually go here for their post surfing meal. I had Cloud 9 Klook which had a combination of banana and peanut butter! YUM!

Price range: Php150-250 per person

4. Kermit

best pizza in siargao kermit

If you’re craving for some comfort food which in my case is a pizza then I would highly recommend trying our Kermit’s restaurant. They serve authentic pizza, pasta and other Italian dishes. Try to arrive earlier since the place gets easily jampacked during dinner. Kermit is an excellent choice to have dinner with friends or family when in Siargao. Chat over good food & cozy atmosphere. This is actually my favorite dinner place in Siargao. I would definitely come back if I get a chance.

Price range: Php300-400 per person (sharing)

5. Yeah Yeah Tacos

Oooh! Yeah Yeah Tacos! You know, I’ve never visited an island in the Philippines where authentic Mexican cuisine is prevalent. Siargao is an island so diverse almost comparable to Bali. We stopped by this humble taco stall along General Luna and had Tacos and homemade ice cream! This place is so memorable for Bry and I since we were here when we received the news that Bry passed the board exam and he’s officially a licensed engineer. Yeah Yeah! Time for some tacos!

Price range: Php90-180 per person

6. Harana Surf Resort’s Restaurant

best restaurant in siargao harana talavalino phillippines travel blog

We checked in at Harana Surf Resort during our stay in Siargao and we couldn’t have chosen a better place for our first visit. Harana had its own restaurant serving Filipino food with a twist. The resort also had a small cafe that serves quality espresso for your caffeine fix. For our chill days, Harana was the perfect place to hangout over cheesy fries and beer.

Price range: Php180-250 per person

Have you been to Siargao? What do you love most about tropical vacations?

healthy smoothie bowls by Shaka Cafe in Siargao
Pin for later
Share:

22 Comments

1. Erika Ramona
    February 9, 2019 / 10:04 am

Woah! I loooooooove Siargao though I only tried to dine at Kermit and Harana. Once I get back, I would definitely try these restaurant recommendations.

2. February 9, 2019 / 10:49 am

How beautiful it is to discover exotic places that also offer places to eat so special and interesting! Yummy!

3. February 9, 2019 / 6:25 pm

The food looks AMAZING in all of these photos! I thought after the first photo that it couldn’t get better, but it did. If we ever have the chance to travel to Siargao, we’ll definitely take your recommendations.

Teresa

4. February 10, 2019 / 1:24 am

I was born and raised in the Philippines and unfortunately, never been to Siargao. The food looks tempting and not quiet what I remember when I was growing up. I remember eating Tocino with sunny side egg and rice! I’m glad there’s a fusion of other dishes coming to light there.

5. Noel Morata
    February 10, 2019 / 2:28 am

Wow, if this is the food, I definitely have to go visit the island and explore, looks really fresh and tasty looking. I love seafood, so that would be a plus for me in this type of island vacation

6. February 10, 2019 / 6:25 am

Yummy! Siargao certainly has a lot to offer for foodies. Island lunch is just the kind of thing I like especially when it involves fresh local produce and seafood. The thought of grilled stuffed squids make my mouth water. Another must for me when I travel is a good breakfast and coffee. I think Harana Surf’s Resort Restaurant got that covered.

7. February 10, 2019 / 2:41 pm

Sunset Bar’s ambience and view looks magical. I always love such cafes with great views.

8. February 10, 2019 / 10:05 pm

All of this food looks amazing! I would love a smoothie bowl for sure. This is a place hubby and I would enjoy without the kids!

9. February 10, 2019 / 11:36 pm

I’ve never even heard of Siargao and had to look it up! Looks like a lovely tropical destination with delicious food!

10. February 11, 2019 / 12:28 am

Totally going to Island Hopping as soon as I get a chance. That food looks amazing and I know it was delish.

11. February 11, 2019 / 6:42 am

I’ve never been to Siargao, but it looks like this place have a LOT of good food! Looking at the feast on your pictures makes me starving!

12. February 11, 2019 / 9:00 am

So tempting! You have done excellent food photography! I am really at a loss to decide which one I would prefer to go first.

13. February 11, 2019 / 11:21 am

I’ve never been to Siargao but seems a nice place to go. Sunset bar has an amazing view. These are some nice places to try diverse foods.

14. February 11, 2019 / 2:26 pm

I’m a huge fan of tacos, so Yeah Yeah Tacos would be my first pick. For breakfast, the smoothie bowls at the Shaka Cafe look out of this world! Yum, it makes me want to visit Siargao!

15. February 11, 2019 / 3:36 pm

Oh my goodness, all of that food looks totally amazing!! I had never heard of Siargao before. It looks wonderful!

16. February 11, 2019 / 6:53 pm

That Island hopping lunch looks incredible! Squid is my favourite seafood so I’d definitely be down with that. The view at Ocean 101 is fab too, although perhaps a cocktail there would be better than breakfast 🙂

17. February 11, 2019 / 10:52 pm

I have never been to Siargao but it looks lovely and that food is to die for. I have never had bananas with an omelette before but it would give you loads of energy for the day

18. February 12, 2019 / 8:20 pm

Kermit’s restaurant would definitely be top of my list. Because pizza! ?? But the island lunch looks epic and I’d have to try Ocean 101 Sunset Bar because that view looks magical ✨?

19. February 13, 2019 / 12:22 am

All of those places look absolutely amazing. You have my mouth watering looking at all the good food there. Yummy!

20. February 13, 2019 / 1:14 am

Umm.. yes to the Ocean 101 sunset bar. Plus that pizza at Kermit, just wow! Now I need to go have a second dinner after drooling all over these photos.

21. February 13, 2019 / 2:12 am

Breakfast with view is always a good idea and OCEAN 101 SUNSET BAR looks perfect. Everything looks super good but I always lean toward pizza and tacos!